The Paynters Canberra team have been tasked with completing repairs to an existing slate roof as a result of a large hailstorm. Working closely with our specialist contractor, we were able to find an exact match to the original slate which was installed circa 1936 on the Beadles Cottage and St Andrew’s House. The slate has been sourced and imported from the original quarry in Wales; which has been producing slate for the past 400 years. All traditional techniques have been followed, including the use of copper nails and welded lead flashings to ensure compliance with strict heritage requirements, and delivering a superior finish.
Paynters also replaced the metal roofs on the heritage listed St Andrew’s Church, a difficult task, given the pitch of the roof and numerous elevations (as shown on the far right image).